• Heart :
Low/high blood pressure, fast heart rate, palpitations, heart attack, abnormal heart rhythm, heart block, ECG changes, heart failure and stroke.
• Psychiatric : Confusion, hallucinations, disorientation, anxiety, restlessness, agitation, sleeplessness, abnormal dreams and irritable mood.
• Central Nervous System : Numbness, tingling, incoordination, tremors, seizures, alterations in EEG patterns and ringing in the ear.
• Eye : Blurred vision, visual disturbances and dilatation of pupil.
• Allergic Reactions : Skin rash, hives, itching, photosensitization, swelling in the face and tongue and fever.
• Blood : Bone marrow depression.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, loss of appetite, constipation, stomach upset, diarrhea, intestinal obstruction, mouth ulcer, abdominal cramps and black tongue.
• Genitourinary : Breast enlargement in the male, spontaneous milk secretion in the female, increased or decreased sexual drive, impotence, testicular swelling, elevation or depression of blood sugar levels, urinary retention and dilation of the urinary tract.
• Other : Jaundice and hair loss.
Adult: PO- Initial dose: 100 mg per day given in 3 to 4 divided doses.
Pediatric Dose for Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: Initial dose: 25 mg per day orally 1 hour before bedtime.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
♦ Contraindicated in patients with recovery period after a heart attack, who are taking MAOIs, linezolid or intravenous methylene blue and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, prostate enlargement, difficulty in urinating, seizures, overactive thyroid, liver, kidney or heart disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking while taking this medication.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause skin sensitivity.
• ♦Patient may develop Serotonin Syndrome with the following symptoms: increased heart rate, shivering, sweating, dilated pupils.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20° to 25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.