Piramal Healthcare Generic : Hydroquinone
50.77 4%/30gm 30gm
Mild burning, stinging,tingling, redness, dryness, itching, pimples, rash. Some of the serious effects include blistering, cracking of the skin and ochronosis (bluish black pigmentation on the skin).
Adult:Local application as 2-4% cream. Apply twice daily on the affected site.
Gently rub the cream topically on the skin until it is evenly distributed. It comes as a cream to apply topically.
Hydroquinone cream should not be used during pregnancy or in patients allergic to the drug. It is not recommended for children 12 years or below.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with eyes , mouth and other mucous membranes.
• Avoid using this cream on open wounds or other skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
• Avoid exposure of the affected skin to direct sunlight.
Stop the medication if there is no improvement after 3 months of treatment.
Hydroquinone should be avoided with:
• Hydrogen peroxide ,benzoyl peroxide or other peroxide containing products,since it can cause skin darkening.
Store it at room temperature (20°-25°C), keep away from light and moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!