Cytogem (1 gm)Injection
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. Generic : Gemcitabine
5,795.00 1gm/1vial 1vial
• Most Common:
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pain/redness at the injection site and flu-like symptoms (muscle pain, fever, headache, chills and fatigue).
• Blood: Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and bruising.
• Liver: Change in the level of liver enzymes.
• Genitourinary: Blood, urea, nitrogen (BUN) and protein in urine.
• Skin: Rash and hair loss.
• Central Nervous System: Drowsiness and tingling.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing.
Adult: IV- Advanced non-small cell lung cancer- 1 g/m2 on days 1, 8 and 15 of each 28-day cycle.
Pancreatic cancer- 1 g/m2 once weekly for up to 7 weeks followed by 1 week rest. Continue thereafter with once weekly infusions for 3 consecutive weeks out of 4.
Bladder cancer- 1 g/m2 on days 1, 8 and 15 of each 28-day cycle. To be given before cisplatin.
Breast cancer- 1.25 g/m2 on days 1 and 8 of each 21-day cycle.
Ovarian carcinoma- 1 g/m2 on days 1 and 8 of each 21-day cycle. To be given before carboplatin.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider.
Contraindicated in patients with concurrent radical radiotherapy, during pregnancy and lactation; known hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of bone marrow depression, liver, kidney impairment and radiation therapy.
• Avoid vaccination while taking this medication.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
• It may lead to poor blood clot, avoid bruising or injury.
• It may affect the menstrual cycle in women and stop sperm production in men.
The medication may result in decreased blood count level, monitor blood count regularly.
It may cause kidney failure, monitor kidney function regularly.
Store it at room temperature (20ï¿½ to 25ï¿½C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!