AstraZeneca Pharma India Ltd. Generic : Felodipine
45.00 2.5mg 10 Tablets
• Most Common:
Swelling in the extremities and headache.
• Body as a Whole: Weakness, warm sensation, chest pain, swelling in the face and flu-like illness.
• Heart: Palpitation, heart attack, low blood pressure, chest pain, irregular heart rate/rhythm and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, constipation, abdominal pain, diarrhea, dry mouth, flatulence and acid reflux.
• Genitourinary: Breast enlargement in males.
• Blood: Anemia.
• Metabolic: Increased liver enzyme levels.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint/back/leg/knee/hip/muscle pain and muscle cramps.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, tingling, sleeplessness, depression, anxiety disorders, irritability, nervousness, drowsiness and decreased sexual activity.
• Respiratory: Upper respiratory tract infection, cough, runny nose, sneezing, difficulty in breathing, inflammation of pharynx/bronchus/sinus and nosebleed.
• Skin : Rash, flushing, severe allergic reactions, redness, hives and bruising.
• Eye : Visual disturbances.
• Genitourinary : Impotence, urinary frequency, urinary urgency and painful urination.
Adult: PO - HTN - Extended release Initial: 5 mg/day. Maintenance: 2.5-10 mg/day, up to 20 mg/day if needed.
Angina pectoris- Initial: 5 mg/day, up to 10 mg/day if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth,with or without food.
Contraindicated in patients with low blood pressure and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney impairment, heart failure/disease, sick-sinus syndrome, breathing problem, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may lead to low blood pressure, which results in fast heart rate; monitor patientï¿½s blood pressure level regularly while taking this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (30Â°C), and in an airtight container. Protect from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!