Szetalo (20 mg)Tablet
Piramal Healthcare Generic : Escitalopram
103.00 20mg 10 Tablets
Nausea, diarrhea, increased appetite, taste disturbances.
• Central Nervous System: Sleeplessness, fatigue, drowsiness, unusual excitement, confusion.
• Heart: Fast or irregular heartbeat, postural hypotension.
• Genitourinary: Impotence, ejaculation disorder.
• Eye and ENT: Inflammation of the Para nasal sinuses, seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist (hallucinating).
• Miscellaneous: Increased sweating, weight gain, fever, and severe muscle stiffness.
Oral- DepressionObsessive compulsive disorder(persistent obsessions or compulsions), AnxietyPanic disorder(significant behavioral change)- Adult: 10 mg once daily, increased if necessary. Max: 20 mg daily. Elderly: Half the adult dose. Liver impairment: Dosage adjustments may be required.
It comes as a tablet and a solution (liquid) to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day with or without food.
Concomitant use with or within 2 weeks of MAOI (Monoamine oxidase inhibitors) withdrawal along with pimozide, hypersensitivity to escitalopram or citalopram.
• Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medication.
• It may increase risk of suicidal thoughts or action in children, teenagers, and young adults. So closely watch patients who are taking this medication.
• Escitalopram and a medicine called citalopram have the same active ingredient. Do not take Escitalopram if you are also taking citalopram.
• Use this medication with caution in elderly; children, pregnancy and breast feeding patients.
• ♦Patient may develop with increased risk of Serotonin Syndrome with the following symptoms: restlessness, diarrhea, fast heart beat, incoordination, nausea, vomiting. If it is so consult with your healthcare provider.
Do not stop the medication suddenly; withdraw gradually.
Oral: Store at 25°C. Store it in air tight container and keep away from children.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!