Eptifab (100 ml)Infusion
Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd (AHPL) Generic : Eptifibatide
7,000.00 75mg/100ml 100ml
• Allergic Reactions:
Easy bruising or bleeding, pink or red-colored urine, black stool, coffee-ground vomit, one-sided weakness, vision problems, confusion, slurred speech.
• Heart: Low blood pressure.
• Blood: Reduced platelets, cerebral, GI, and lung bleeding, acute profound thrombocytopenia, fatal bleeding events.
• Local: Overall incidence of major bleeding, major bleeding.
Intravenous- Unstable angina(acute coronary syndrome)- Adult: 180 mcg/kg via IV injection followed by 2 mcg/kg/minute by IV infusion for up to 72 hours. If percutaneous coronary intervention is performed during therapy, infusion should be continued for 18-24 hours after procedure, up to a max total duration of 96 hours of therapy.
It will be administered as an injection at a hospital.
Contraindicated in patients with increased risk of bleeding disorders, brain disorders, history of stroke, uncontrolled hypertension, severe injury, severe kidney impairment, recent major surgery, breastfeeding.
• Discontinue in case of serious uncontrolled bleeding, or if emergency surgery or thrombolytic (drugs are used in medicine to dissolve blood clots) therapy is required.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with liver impairment, platelet counts <100,000 mm3; bleeding in the eye, drugs affecting blood, pregnancy.
• Check aPTT [activated partial thromboplastin time or ACT(activated clotting time) prior to sheath removal during angioplasty.
• It may lead to severe kidney impairment, inflammation of blood vessels, bleeding in the eye, acute pericardial inflammation ( inflammation of the covering of the heart)or aortic dissection (splitting of the layers of the aorta leading to formation of outpouchings).
Monitor complete blood counts, serum creatinine levels regularly.
Storage: Store at 25 °C. Store it in airtight container and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!