Piramal Healthcare Generic : Edaravone
390.00 1.5mg/1ml 20 ml
Edaravone is used in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig’s disease, a motor neuron disease.
• General: Gait disturbances, headache, presence of sugar in the urine (glycosuria)
• Allergic reactions: Severe allergic reactions including anaphylactic reactions can occur. The sulphite content can also cause an allergic reaction, especially in patients with asthma. Allergic reactions may consist of skin rashes, wheezing, difficulty with breathing, swelling around the throat and a severe fall in blood pressure (shock)
• Skin: Skin rashes, eczema, fungal (tinea) infection, bruising
• The recommended dosage is 60mg administered as an intravenous infusion administered slowly over an hour as per the following schedule:
• Initial cycle: Daily dosing for first 14 days followed by a gap of 14 days
• Subsequent cycle: Daily dosing for 10 out of 14 days followed by a gap of 14 days in a 28-day cycle.
Edaravone comes as an infusion which is to be administered intravenously from a single dose polypropylene bag containing 30mg of edaravone in 100ml of clear, colorless aqueous solution.
Edaravone is contraindicated in patients who develop an allergic reaction, especially anaphylactic reaction which can be life threatening.
• Emergency medical help is needed when a severe allergic reaction occurs with symptoms of itching, wheezing, and swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat.
• It should be used with caution in asthmatic patients as it contains sodium bisulfite, and asthmatic patients often exhibit sulfite sensitivity
Women are advised to inform the doctor if they are pregnant or breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy before starting the medication.
• Store at a temperature of below 25°C. To be protected from light.
• Store in the overwrapped secondary packaging of polyvinyl alcohol provided with the drug to protect from oxygen degradation until it is used.
• It should not be used if the oxygen indicator provided with the packing has turned blue or purple.
• The opened package should be used within 24 hours of opening.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!