Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Generic : Doxycycline
7.12 100mg 10
• Gastrointestinal :
Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tongue inflammation and difficulty in swallowing.
• Skin : Rash and photosensitivity.
• Genitourinary : Rise in Blood Urea Nitrogen.
• Hypersensitivity : Hives, swelling, shock and redness of the skin.
• Blood : Anemia, eosinophilia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Miscellaneous : Bulging fontanels in infants and stroke.
Adults: The usual dose is 200 mg on the first day of treatment in divided doses, followed by a maintenance dose of 100 mg/day.
Child: The recommended dosage is 2 mg/lb of body weight divided into two doses.
It comes as a capsule and suspension to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diarrhea, stomach or intestinal infection, the blood disorder (porphyria), any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Take full course of treatment.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• It should not be used in children less than 8 years old.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20° - 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!