Valium (5 mg)Tablet
Nicholas Piramal India Ltd. Generic : Diazepam
19.50 5mg 10 Tablets
• Most Common :
Drowsiness, fatigue and incoordination.
• Central Nervous System : Confusion, depression, slurred speech, headache, fainting, tremor and unsteadiness.
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation and nausea.
• Genitourinary : Urinary incontinence, changes in sexual drive and urinary retention.
• Heart : Slow heart rate and low blood pressure.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision, double vision and night blindness.
• Skin : Hives and skin rash.
• Miscellaneous : Hiccups, changes in salivation and jaundice.
Adult- PO/IV/IM- The recommended dose range is 2 to 20 mg/day in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or muscle.
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with increased eye pressure, seizures, lung, heart or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication. The skilled tasks are to be carried out with caution even on the following day as there may be a hangover or residual effect particularly with long-acting benzodiazepines.
• Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking while taking this medication.
• Avoid excess dosage and long-term use of this medication.
Monitor liver function and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
Store it at room temperature (20 to 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!