Swelling, high blood pressure, inflammation of blood vessels.
• Central Nervous System: Headache, dizziness, depression, confusion.
• Skin: Rash, itching, severe allergic reactions (severe rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing) Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis.
• Eye and ENT: Bleeding in retina, conjunctiva.
• Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, diarrhea, stomach upset, nausea, inflammation of colon (including ulcerative or lymphocytic), inflammation of pancreas, mouth ulcer, taste disorders.
• Genitourinary: Urinary tract infection, kidney disease, increased creatinine levels.
• Blood: Bruising, nose bleeds, anemia, bleeding (including intracranial, GI, and retroperitoneal hemorrhage), and decrease in platelets.
• Liver: Abnormality in liver enzymes, inflammation of liver.
• Metabolic: Increase in cholesterol.
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle pain, back pain, muscle weakness.
• Respiratory: Upper respiratory tract infection, difficulty in breathing, inflammation of bronchus, stuffy nose, coughing.
• Miscellaneous: Accidental injury, chest pain, influenza-like symptoms, fatigue, fainting, hypersensitivity reactions, serum sickness, bleeding of wounds.
Oral- Prophylaxis of blood clot events- 75 mg once daily.
Acute coronary syndrome For ST-elevation myocardial infarction: with aspirin: 75 mg once daily.
For unstable angina, non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: Initial: 300 mg loading dose, followed by 75 mg once daily (with aspirin 75-325 mg once daily).
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day with or without food.
Contraindicated to hypersensitivity, peptic ulcer or bleeding within the skull.
• Caution needed for patients at risk of increased bleeding from trauma, surgery, or other pathological conditions; ulcer; liver and kidney impairment; history of bleeding or haemostatic disorders, pregnancy.
• Avoid injury or bruising while taking this medication.
• It may cause dizziness, avoid driving a car or operating machinery, or other unsafe tasks.
Do not change the dose or stop taking unless advised by health care provider.
Store at 25 °C. Store it in an airtight container and keep away from children.