Cilacar (10 mg)Tablet
J.B.Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Generic : Cilnidipine
57.24 10mg 10 Tablets
Cilnidipine belongs to a class of new calcium channel blockers which is used to treat hypertension in adults.
• General: Gastrointestinal disturbances, lethargy, increased frequency or urination, muscle aches, impotence, abnormal liver function, allergic reaction
• Eye: Transient blindness, eye pain
• Cardio vascular system: Low blood pressure, palpitations, chest pain Central Nervous System: Dizziness, headache, depression, reduced blood flow to the brain
• Dermatological: Flushing, thickening of gums
The usual dosage for adults is 5 - 10mg once daily.
The maximum dosage should not exceed 20 mg per day and is recommended only when it is required.
Cilnidipine comes in the form of a tablet and to be taken orally either once daily or as directed by the physician.
This drug can be taken either before or after meals.
Cilnidipine should not be taken mainly in pre-existing cardiac illnesses such as:
• Acute unstable angina (chest pain due to spasms of the artery supplying the heart muscle)
• Cardiogenic shock, which is low blood pressure due to a cardiac cause
• Severe aortic stenosis, which is narrowing of the valve between the left ventricle of the heart and the aorta
• Recent heart attack
Also, it is not recommended in patients allergic to this drug.
• Cilnidipine should be used with caution in patients with hypotension (low blood pressure), heart failure and poor cardiac reserve.
• Cilnidipine should be discontinued in patients who feel chest pain following the administration of the drug.
• Sudden withdrawal of the drug to be avoided as this may exacerbate angina.
• Cilnidipine interacts with the results of vanillyl mandelic acid test which is used to detect tumors such as pheochromocytoma
• Therefore, this drug should be avoided for 72 hours before sample collection but the patient should be monitored intensively in a clinical setting.
Cilnidipine interacts with the following drugs:
• Antipsychotic drugs combined with cilnidipine may result in low blood pressure
• Antidiabetes medications along with this drug may result in changes in glucose levels, therefore monitoring of glucose levels may be required
• Antiepileptic drugs such as phenytoin and carbamazepine and other drugs include rifampin, quinidine and aldesleukin should also be used with caution along with cilnidipine
Store the medicine in a tightly closed container at room temperature.
Protect from excess heat and light. Keep out of reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!