Kokad Pharmaceutical Laboratories Ltd Generic : Chlorpheniramine
4.00 1 ml 1 ml
• Most Common :
Drowsiness and chest mucus.
• Central nervous system : Headache, excitability, fatigue, nervousness and dizziness.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, dry mouth, diarrhea, abdominal pain, increased appetite and weight.
• Genitourinary : Urinary retention and urinary frequency.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain and weakness.
• Eye : Double vision.
• Respiratory : Inflammation of pharynx.
Adult: PO- Allergic conditions- 4 mg 4-6 hourly. Max: 24 mg/day.
IV/IM/SC- Adjunct in anaphylactic shock- 10-20 mg. Total max: 40 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet and syrup to take by mouth, with or without food. It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein, muscle, or under the skin.
Contraindicated in newborns and patients with hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, lung disease, heart problems, high blood pressure, sugar, blood vessel problems, stroke, increased eye pressure, intestinal blockage, ulcer, urinary obstruction, enlarged prostate, seizures, overactive thyroid, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate dangerous machinery while taking this medication.
• If there is no improvement in your health condition after 1 week of treatment, consult with your doctor.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
Avoid excess dosage.
Avoid long-term use of this medication.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15° to 30° C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!