• Most Common : Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness and abdominal pain.
Adult- Po- The recommended dose range is 125mg to 3gms/day, in divided doses.
IV/IM- Surgical prophylaxis- 1.5 g IV per-op, then 750 mg IM 8 hourly for up to 24-48 hours.
It comes as a tablet, syrup and suspension to take by mouth, with food. It also comes as solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or large muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, colitis, or stomach problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• Patient may experience with diarrhea, blood in stool or stomach pain; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Monitor kidney function, sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
Take full course of treatment as directed by your physician.
Store the tablets between 15° and 30°C.
Injection: Store it in refrigerator (between 2° and 30°C). Normally handled and stored by healthcare providers.