Systacare Remedies Generic : Ceftazidime
270.00 1gm 1vial
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, abdominal pain or cramps, flatulence, colitis, including colon infection.
• Genitourinary: Pus in urine, kidney dysfunction, absence of urine, reversible interstitial inflammation of kidney, blood in urine, toxic kidney disease.
• Blood: Increase in white blood cell, eosinophils and lymphocytes, decrease in nuetrophils, decreased platelet function, decreases red blood cells, insufficiency of new blood cells, bleeding.
• Liver: Liver function impairment, jaundice, abnormal liver function test results.
• Miscellaneous: Hypersensitivity, including Stevens-Johnson syndrome, erythema multiforme, toxic detachment of skin layers, overgrowth, serum sickness–like reactions (eg, skin rashes, joint pain, fever), inflammation of veins, and pain at injection site.
Adult:IV/IM- The recommended dose is 1 to 6 gm in 3 divided doses. Child- 30mg/kg/day.
It comes as a solution for injection, administered by a health care provider, into the vein or muscle.
Hypersensitivity to cephalosporins (beta lactam antibiotics).
• Caution needed for patients with history of penicillin allergy; severe kidney problem; pregnancy, lactation.
• Long-term or repeated use of this medication may cause a secondary infection.
• It only works against bacteria; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
• Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
• Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using this medication.
It may reduce the ability of your blood to clot. Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury.
Injection: Store at 15-30°C. Usually handled and stored by a health care provider.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!