Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. Generic : Carvedilol
22.00 10 Tablets
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, fatigue, headache, lightheadedness, disorientation, fainting.
• Heart: Chest pain, irregular or unusually slow heartbeat.
• Eye: Dry eyes, persistent or severe vision changes.
• Miscellaneous: Change in the amount of urine produced, fever, sudden, unusual weight gain; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; unusual bruising or bleeding.
Adult: Initially, 12.5 mg once daily increased to 25 mg once daily after 2 days. Alternatively, initial dose of 6.25 mg bid increased to 12.5 mg bid after 1-2 wk, increased further if necessary to 50 mg once daily or in divided doses.
Elderly: 12.5 mg once daily.
Angina pectoris- Adult: Initially, 12.5 mg bid increased to 25 mg bid after 2 days.
Heart failure- Adult: Initially, 3.125 mg bid, doubled to 6.25 mg bid after 2 wk if tolerated, then gradually increased to the max dose the patient can tolerate at intervals of not <2 wk. Max dose: >85 kg: 50 mg bid; <85 kg: 25 mg bid.
Left ventricular dysfunction post myocardial infarction- Adult: Initially: 6.25 mg bid, if tolerated, after 3-10 days, increase to 12.5 mg bid and then to a target dose of 25 mg bid.
It comes as a tablet and an extended-release (long-acting) capsule to take by mouth. The tablet is usually taken twice a day with food.
Hypersensitivity; severe chronic heart failure, bronchial asthma or similar conditions, severe liver damage.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal sometimes heart attack may occur if you suddenly stop it.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting. Do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
•Caution needed during pregnancy and lactation.
Monitor blood pressure regularly.
Store below 30°C.keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!