Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. (Super Speciality) Generic : Capecitabine
1,300.00 500mg 10 Tablets
• Gastrointestinal Disorders :
Diarrhea, nausea, mouth ulcer, vomiting, abdominal pain, gastrointestinal hemorrhage constipation, upper abdominal pain and indigestion.
• Skin : Hand-and-Foot Syndrome, hair loss, rash and redness.
• General : Injection site pain, irritation, swelling, fatigue, fever, chest pain, back pain, weakness and lethargy.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, depression, sleep disorders, headache and abnormal taste.
• Metabolic : Loss of appetite.
• Eye : Eye inflammation and loss of vision.
• Blood : Decreased white blood cells.
• Respiratory : Nosebleed, cough and sore throat.
The recommended dose is 1250 mg/m2 administered orally twice daily (morning and evening; equivalent to 2500 mg/m2 total daily dose) for 2 weeks followed by 1-week rest period given as 3-week cycles.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food, two times per day.
Contraindicated in patients with kidney problems or dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) enzyme deficiency and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, liver or kidney disease, any allergy, bone marrow problems, pain, redness, swelling, tingling, tenderness of the palms and soles, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and lactation.
• Avoid vaccination while taking this medication.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid bruising or injury.
• Monitor blood counts and blood electrolytes while taking this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature 25oC.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!