Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd. Generic : Calcitonin- Salmon
141.00 100iu/1vial 1vial
• Very mild and uncommon
• Body as a whole: Influenza-like symptoms, edema, fever.
• Skin: Rash, skin ulceration, eczema, hair loss, itching, increased sweating.
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle pain, inflammation of joints with pain and stiffness.
• Respiratory: Upper respiratory tract infection and inflammation, bronchus, pneumonia, coughing, difficulty in breathing.
• Eye and ENT: Nasal symptoms such as inflammation, runny nose and bleeding occur with the nasal spray. Taste perversion, sneezing, ringing in the ear, hearing loss. increase or decrease in tears, inflammation of conjunctiva, blurred vision, visual disturbance.
• Heart: High blood pressure, heart attack, palpitation, bundle branch block.
• Gastrointestinal: Constipation, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, increased appetite, gastritis, dry mouth.
• Metabolic: Increased thirst, weight increase.
• Liver: Gall stone, inflammation of liver.
• Genitourinary: Inflammation of kidney and urinary bladder, diarrhea, blood in urine, kidney stone .
♦ • Central Nervous System: Headache, Dizziness, tingling, fainting, migraine, neuralgia, agitation, tremor.
• Blood and Immune System: Lymph nodes swelling, infection, anemia.
• Potentially Fatal: Anaphylactic shock.
Adult: Postmenopausal osteoporosis- 100 u/day or every other day.
Bone pain due to malignant neoplasm’s- 200 u 4 times/day, up to 48 hours.
Nasal-Postmenopausal osteoporosis- 200 u/day, alternating nostrils everyday.
It comes as a nasal spray and solution to be injected under the skin (subcutaneously) or into the muscle (intramuscularly). It is usually used once a day or once every other day.
• Proper diet should be followed while taking this medication. It may cause flushing (warm, redness of skin).
• Prior intradermal test should preferably be done.
•It should not be used in children <18 yr.
•Caution needed for pregnant women, breast feeding, kidney patients.
Avoid using contaminated solution of this medication.
Storage: Injection: Refrigerate at 2-8°C. Nasal: Refrigerate at 2-8°C. Do not freeze.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!