Budecort Inhaler (100 mcg)Inhaler
Cipla Limited Generic : Budesonide
₹ 241.00 100mg 200 MDI
Budesonide is used for treating Crohn’s disease and Bronchial asthma. Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory bowel disease in which, a patient experiences severe abdominal pain and erratic bowel movements.
Adult: PO- Inflammatory bowel disease Active: 9 mg/day, up to 8 week. Maintenance: 6 mg once daily, up to 3 months. Inhalation Asthma As metered dose inhaler: 400 mcg/day in 2 divided doses, up to 1.6 mg/day in severe cases. Maintenance: 200-400 mcg/day.
• Body as a Whole- Tiredness
• Respiratory- Respiratory Infection, abnormal breathing sound, inflammation of nose and cough.
• Gastrointestinal- Inflammation of stomach/intestine, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pain, flatulence and diarrhea.
• Eye and ENT- Ear infection and inflammation/infection of eye, cataract, glaucoma
• Blood- Nosebleed and bruising.
• Skin - Rash, itching, redness and pimples.
• Central Nervous System- Headache, dizziness and drowsiness.
• Musculoskeletal – Fractures and muscle pain.
It is available in the form of capsule, suspension, powder, inhaler, nasal spray to be administered orally.
Budesonide should not be used by patients: 1. As the primary treatment of status asthmaticus or severe sudden asthma
2. With hypersensitivity to budesonide or any of the ingredients
• Budesonide may decrease growth among kids.
• Sudden withdrawal can cause joint and/or muscular pain, lassitude, and depression
• Patients may get oral thrush during inhalation. So proper rinsing after inhalation is required.
Do not take Budesonide with: Ketoconazole
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.