Sunrise Remedies Pvt. Ltd. Generic : Azithromycin
54.00 500mg 3 Tablets
Chest pain, abnormal heart rate, low blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm with QT prolongation and torsades de pointes.
• Gastrointestinal: Indigestion, loss of appetite, flatulence, gastritis, loose stools, vomiting, colitis and constipation.
• Genitourinary: Kidney failure and vaginal inflammation.
• Blood: Decrease in platelets.
• Liver: Abnormal liver function, jaundice and liver failure.
• Central Nervous System: Weakness, tingling, fatigue, uneasiness, dizziness/vertigo, headache, drowsiness, hyperactivity, nervousness, agitation and syncope.
• Skin: Itching, severe allergic reactions, irritation, fungal infection, sweating, hives and blistering.
• ENT: Hearing loss and/or tinnitus, abnormalities in taste and smell sensation.
• Hypersensitivity : Allergic reaction.
• Respiratory: Increased cough, inflammation of pharynx, pleural effusion and rhinitis.
Adult: PO- Respiratory tract, Skin and soft tissue infections- 500 mg once daily for 3 days. Or 500mg on day 1 followed by 250mg on days 2 to 5.
Typhoid- 500 mg once daily for 7 days.
Uncomplicated gonorrhoea- 2 g single dose.
Granuloma inguinale- Initial: 1 g, then 500 mg/day until all lesions has healed completely.
Chancroid/Chlamydial urethritis: 1 g single dose Prophylaxis of disseminated MAC infections 1.2 g once weekly. Treatment or secondary prophylaxis: administered along with other antimycobacterials: 500 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet and liquid to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of cystic fibrosis, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), irregular heartbeat, or kidney or liver disease, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Avoid excess dosage.
Intravenous: Store below 30°C. Store it in room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from children and pets.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!