Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Generic : Aprotinin
975.00 1.4mg/50ml 50ml
• Body as a Whole:
Fever, infection, chest pain, weakness, sepsis, death, multi-system organ failure, immune system disorder.
• Heart: Low blood pressure, fast heart rate, heart attack and heart failure.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, constipation, vomiting, liver failure, jaundice and diarrhea.
• Blood: Anemia.
• Metabolic: Increased liver enzyme level, high blood sugar, decreased potassium levels.
• Musculoskeletal: Any event.
• Central Nervous System: Confusion, agitation, anxiety and sleeplessness.
• Respiratory: Lung disorder, pleural effusion, difficulty in breathing, increased cough, asthma and shortness of breath.
• Skin: Rash, skin discolouration.
• Genitourinary: Abnormal kidney function, urinary retention and urinary tract infection.
• Potentially Fatal:: Fatal anaphylactic reactions.
The 1ml initial (test) dose should be administered intravenously at least 10 minutes before the loading dose.
Adult: IV- 5 lac KIU (Kallikrein in activator unit) initially, followed by 2 lac KIU every 4 hour.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Test dose is recommended to all patients to assess the risk of hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart surgery, liver or kidney disease, allergy, during pregnancy and lactation.
• The loading dose should be given intravenously to patients in the supine position over a 20-30 minute period. Rapid intravenous administration can cause a transient fall in blood pressure.
• Pediatric use is not recommended. Patient may develop with increased risk of severe allergic reactions if it is administered within 12 months of previous use of this medication.
It should not be used in neonates and children.
Store at 2-25°C. Avoid freezing.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!