Aan Pharma Pvt Ltd Generic : Ampicillin
25.00 125mg/125mg 10 Tablets
• Body as a whole :
Severe allergic reactions such as rash, headache, fever and hives.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, soreness of the tongue, inflammation in the mouth, oral candidiasis, vomiting, enterocolitis, pseudomembranous colitis and diarrhea.
• Hypersensitivity : Anaphylactic shock, redness of skin, skin inflammation, hives and inflammation of blood vessels.
• Liver : Jaundice, moderate elevation of SGOT and liver inflammation.
• Blood : Anemia and blood disorder.
• Miscellaneous : Tooth discoloration.
Adult- PO/IM/IV- The recommended dose range is 0.5 to 3gm every 6 hours or 4 times/day.
Child- 25 to 50mg/kg/day.
It comes as a tablet, capsule, liquid and pediatric drops to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or large muscle.
Contraindicated in patients with infectious mononucleosis and hypersensitivity. Ampicillin is also contraindicated in infections caused by penicillinase-producing organisms.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, any allergy, asthma, blood disease, intestinal inflammation, stomach problems, hay fever, who are taking other medications, children, who are taking birth control pills, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Take full course of treatment.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
Take ampicillin at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.
Monitor liver function, kidney function and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
Store it at room temperature (20-25°C) and in an airtight container, away from direct heat and light. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!