Novamox -AX (500mg)Tablet
Cipla Limited Generic : Amoxicillin
43.00 30mg/500mg 6 Tablets
• Body as a whole : Fungal infections, severe allergic reactions, joint pain, or general ill feeling, severe tingling, sleeplessness, numbness and pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, antibiotic-associated colitis, black hairy tongue and intestinal bleeding.
• Hypersensitivity : Anaphylactic shock, redness of skin, skin inflammation, hives, inflammation of blood vessels, itching, severe blistering and peeling.
• Liver : Jaundice and liver inflammation.
• Genitourinary : Crystals in urine, dark colored urine and vaginal itching or discharge.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells, platelets, increase in eosinophils and bruising.
• Central Nervous System : Reversible hyperactivity, agitation, anxiety, sleeplessness, confusion, convulsions , behavioral changes and dizziness.
• Miscellaneous : Tooth discoloration, hear burn, white patches or sores inside mouth or on lips, easy bruising and bleeding.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose range is 0.25 to 3gm.
Child- The recommended dose is 25 mg/kg/day in divided doses every 12 hours.
Amoxicillin comes as a tablet, capsule, chewable tablet, syrup and pediatric drops to take by mouth. It is usually taken every 12 hours (twice a day) or every 8 hours (three times a day) with or without food. It is recommended that at least 10 days' treatment for any infection caused by Streptococcus pyogens to prevent the occurrence of acute rheumatic fever.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney disease, allergies,asthma, hay fever, hives, any allergy to any other penicillin antibiotic/cephalosporins, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Take full course of treatment.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Patient may experience stomach pain, severe diarrhea, blood in stool; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Amoxicillin can make birth control pills less effective, therefore using a non-hormone method of birth control is recommended while on amoxicillin.
Avoid excess dosage.
Shake the liquid and pediatric drops well before each use to mix the medication evenly.
The chewable tablets should be crushed or chewed thoroughly before they are swallowed.
Patients with phenylketonuria , should be cautious while taking chewable form of amoxicillin as it may contain phenylalanine.
Capsules and dry powders should be stored at or below 20 C (68 F) and chewable tablets should be stored at room temperature (20-25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!