BMW PHARMACO INDIA PVT.LTD. Generic : Alprazolam
16.00 0.5mg 10 Tablets
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, lightheadedness, depression, headache, confusion, sleeplessness, nervousness, fainting, dizziness and tiredness.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, constipation, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting and increased salivation.
• Heart : Fast heart rate and low blood pressure.
• Eye : Blurred vision.
• Musculoskeletal : Rigidity and tremor.
• Skin : Skin inflammation and allergy.
• Miscellaneous : Nose congestion and weight gain/loss.
The starting dose for treating anxiety is 0.25-0.5 mg, 3 times daily using immediate release tablets.
The dose may be increased every 3-4 days to a maximum dose of 4 mg daily.
The starting dose for treating panic attacks is 0.5 mg, 3 times daily. Doses can be increased every 3-4 days but by no more than 1 mg daily. The effective dose for preventing panic attacks may be as high as 6 mg daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, who are taking itraconazole or ketoconazole and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma or other respiratory diseases, kidney or liver impairment, depression, suicidal thoughts, alcohol addiction, increased eye pressure, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may decrease alertness and coordination. Do not drive a car or operate dangerous machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid grape fruit or grape fruit juice consumption while taking this medication.
Avoid abrupt withdrawal of this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from light and children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!