Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd Generic : Alfacalcidol
49.30 0.25mcg 10 Capsules
• Gastrointestinal :
Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and increased thirst.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, fainting and lack of energy.
• Skin : Increased sweating, itching, rash and hives.
• Genitourinary: : Increased urination, kidney impairment, and excessive urinary calcium excretion.
Adult- PO- The recommended starting dose is 1mcg/day. Maintenance: 0.25-1 mcg/day.
Adult- IV- The recommended initial dose is 1 mcg per dialysis two to three times a week.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with food.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
Contraindicated in patients with high blood calcium, phosphate, and magnesium and known hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney stones, heart or kidney disease, high level of calcium in blood, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Monitor blood electrolytes level regularly while taking this medication.
• Monitor serum levels of calcium in patients with kidney failure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Capsules: Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Injection: Store it in a cool place (below 15°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!