Acichem Laboratories Generic : Albuterol (Salbutamol)
0.80 2mg 10 Tablets
• Most Common :
Tremor, anxiety, headache, muscle cramps, dry mouth, and palpitations.
• Central nervous system : Sleeplessness, weakness, dizziness, drowsiness.
• Heart : Fast / slow heart rate, flushing and chest pain.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps, muscle, bone or back pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, worsening of diabetes, vomiting.
• Respiratory : Inflammation of bronchus, nose bleed, cough and throat irritation.
• Skin : Allergic reactions and rash.
♦• Miscellaneous : Flu symptoms, metabolic acidosis.
PO- The usual starting dose is 1.25 mg or 0.63 mg, 3 or 4 times daily.
The emergency room treatment is a massive dose of Salbutamol given by aerosol nebulization in doses of > 7.5 mg / hour and continued until the side effects of tremor or tachycardia are evident in patients.
Usual Adult Albuterol Dose for Acute Asthma and Acute Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - Metered-dose inhaler: 2 puffs every 4 to 6 hours as needed.
Inhalation capsules: 200 mcg inhaled every 4 to 6 hours and may increase to 400 mcg inhaled every 4 to 6 hours, if necessary.
Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: Metered-dose inhaler: 2 puffs (180 or 216 mcg) 15 minutes before exercise. Inhalation capsules: 200 mcg inhaled 15 minutes before exercise.
Less than 1 year: Nebulizer: 0.05 to 0.15 mg/kg/dose every 4 to 6 hours with subsequent doses titrated based on clinical response.
1 year to 4 years: Nebulizer: 1.25 to 2.5 mg every 4 to 6 hours with subsequent doses titrated based on clinical response.
5 years or older: Metered-dose inhaler (HFA): 2 puffs (216 mcg) every 4 to 6 hours as needed. Inhalation capsules: 200 mcg inhaled every 4 to 6 hours and may increase to 400 mcg inhaled every 4 to 6 hours, if necessary.
12 years or older: Nebulizer: 2.5 to 5 mg every 6 hours as needed.
It comes as a tablet, capsule and syrup to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider either into the large muscle or under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart disease, high blood pressure, or congestive heart failure, a heart rhythm disorder; epilepsy, diabetes, overactive thyroid, kidney problems, adrenal gland tumor, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• An inhaler should not be given to a child younger than 4 years old.
• Albuterol solution in a nebulizer should not be given to a child younger than 2 years of age.
This medication may affect blood sugar level; monitor blood sugar level regularly.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (between 2°C and 25°C). Protect from light and excessive heat.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!