Alkem Laboratories Ltd. Generic : Acebrophylline
₹ 47.00 100mg 10
• Acebrophylline is used for its mucoregulative action and anti-inflammatory properties in the respiratory tract.
• The recommended dosage for adults in treating COPD and bronchial asthma is 100 mg twice daily.
• Child dosage of acebrophylline syrup (50mg/5ml):
Below 2 years of age : 2.5 ml twice daily
2 - 5 years of age : 2.5ml three times daily
Above 5 years : 5 ml twice daily or as directed by the physician
Gastro-intestinal: Abdominal discomfort, esophageal bleeding, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite
Central Nervous System: Headache, drowsiness
Respiratory: Difficulty or shortness in breathing
Skin: Rashes, itching
Others: Fever with chills, elevated white blood cell count, changes in blood pressure, numbness in the arm
• Acebrophylline is available in the form of a capsule, tablet and syrup.
• This drug should be taken orally with food to avoid gastric discomfort.
• Avoid excess dosage.
Acebrophylline could be involved in the following drug interactions:
• Plasma concentration of acebrophylline may be increased with the concomitant administration of drugs like quinolones, cimetidine, erythromycin, oxytetracycline, lincomycin, and cephalexin
• Interaction with reserpine results in an increase in heart rate. Reserpine though, is rarely used nowadays
• Barbiturates such as phenytoin may reduce the plasma concentration and therefore the effectiveness of acebrophylline
• Concomitant use with frusemide increases diuresis, as a result of which the patient will have to pass urine more often
• Acebrophylline can worsen low blood potassium levels caused by drugs like steroids
• Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from heat and moisture.
• Keep away from the reach of children.