This medication is an anticoagulant, prescribed for deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. It reduces the formation of blood clots.
Contraindicated in patients with severe bleeding problems, spontaneous abortion, ulcer, recently underwent a surgery, pregnancy and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO/IV- Initial: 5 mg/day. Rapid anti-coagulation: Initial: 10 mg/day for 2 days. Maintenance: 2-10 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, kidney, or thyroid problems, yellowing of the skin or eyes, mental problems, high cholesterol, joint inflammation, sugar, cancer, stomach or bowel problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid cranberry juice consumption while taking this medication.
• Avoid becoming overheated.
• Most Common :
Tingling, headache, chest, abdomen, joint, muscle pain, dizziness, shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing or swallowing, unexplained swelling, weakness, low blood pressure and shock.
• Hypersensitivity : Hives, itching, fever, rash and hair loss.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
• Central Nervous System : Fatigue, tiredness, uneasiness, weakness, headache, dizziness, loss of consciousness, fainting, coma and taste perversion.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...View All