This medication is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, prescribed for erectile dysfunction (impotence). It works by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation.
Contraindicated in patients who are taking nitrate, heart disease and hypersensitivity.
PO- Initial- The recommended dose is 10 mg; it should be taken approximately 60 minutes before sexual activity.
It may be increased or decreased. Maximum: 20mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of prolonged (more than 4 hours) or painful erection, who have deformed penis, peyronie's disease, diabetes, high cholesterol, high or low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, heart attack, chest pain, stroke, epilepsy, lung problems, ulcer, bleeding disorder, blood disorder, multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells), blood cancer, liver, kidney or heart disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly.
• It should be given only for men.
• Patient may experience with chest pain during sexual intercourse; if it is so consult with your doctor immediately.
• Avoid sexual activities.
Headache, flushing, nose inflammation, indigestion, accidental injury, inflammation of sinus, flu syndrome, dizziness, increased level of liver enzymes and nausea.
• Body As A Whole: Anaphylactic reaction (including laryngeal edema), weakness, face swelling and generalized pain.
• ENT : Loss of hearing and ringing in the ear.
• Heart : Chest pain, high/low blood pressure, heart attack, palpitation, fainting and fast heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, abnormal liver function tests, diarrhea, dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing, inflammation of esophagus/stomach, acid reflux and vomiting.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, back pain, muscle pain and neck pain.
• Central Nervous System: Muscle tightness, sleeplessness, tingling, drowsiness and fatigue.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, nose bleed and inflammation of pharynx.
• Skin: Photosensitivity reaction, itching, rash and sweating.
• Eye : Abnormal vision, blurred vision, changes in color vision, increased redness of the eye, dim vision, eye pain, increased eye pressure, sensitivity to sunlight and watery eyes.
• Genitourinary : Abnormal ejaculation and prolonged or painful erections.
It is not advisable for women, especially during pregnancy and lactation.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!