This medication is a bile acid, prescribed for dissolving gallstones. It helps to dissolve the stone by reducing the amount of cholesterol released by liver into bile.
The recommended dose for adults is 8-10 mg/kg/day split into 2 or 3 doses.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with food or milk.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of inflammation of the bile duct, gallbladder pancreas, esophageal bleeding, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Most Common :
Diarrhea, elevated liver enzyme, elevated blood glucose, peptic ulcer, skin rash, decrease in platelets.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal discomfort, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, nausea, vomiting.
• General : Uneasiness, swelling in th extremities, fever.
• Metabolic : Facial swelling, hives, angioedema and laryngeal edema.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain.
• Central Nervous system : Dizziness, headache.
• Respiratory : Cough.
• Skin : Hair loss, itching, rash.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20°C to 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!