This medication is an antifungal agent, prescribed for fungal infections of the vagina. It works by killing sensitive fungi.
0.4%- One full applicator (5 g) cream (20 mg terconazole) should be administered intravaginally once daily at bedtime for seven consecutive days.
0.8%- One full applicator (5 g) of cream (40 mg terconazole) should be administered intravaginally once daily at bedtime for three consecutive days.
It comes as a cream and suppositories, to apply through vagina.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid using douche without your doctor’s advice.
• Avoid sexual intercourse during the treatment.
• It may decrease the effectiveness of condoms and diaphragms.
• If your sexual partner has any infection in genital area, he should inform you.
Body pain, burning or itching of the vagina, painful menstruation and stomach pain.
It should not be used in children.
Store it at room temperature and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Trichotillomania is a hair pulling disorder where a person urges to pull out hair from their scalp, ...
Dental Anxiety is kind of dental phobia where a person has a fear of going to dentist mainly due to ...
Kleine Levin (KLS) or sleeping beauty syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that primarly ...View All