This medication is an alpha-blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It works by relaxing the blood vessels.
Initial Dose: 1 mg at bedtime is the starting dose for all patients. It may be increased if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food once a day at bedtime or twice a day.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of prostate cancer, chest pain, heart disease, kidney or liver problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most Common :
Drowsiness, headache, weakness, palpitations, stuffy nose, blurred vision and decreased sexual ability.
• Body As A Whole : Flu syndrome.
• Heart : Low blood pressure and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea.
• Metabolic : Peripheral edema and weight gain.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness and unsteadiness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing and nasal congestion/runny nose.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision.
• Genitourinary : Impotence and urinary tract infection.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
FDA approved elapegademase-lvlr injection for intramuscular use is used as an enzyme replacement ...
Armpit lumps and raised bumps in the armpits caused by infection, cysts and other types of ...
Bad eating habits will affect your health as well as your skin and make you look older than your ...View All