This medication is an alpha-blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It works by relaxing the blood vessels.
Initial Dose: 1 mg at bedtime is the starting dose for all patients. It may be increased if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food once a day at bedtime or twice a day.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of prostate cancer, chest pain, heart disease, kidney or liver problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most Common :
Drowsiness, headache, weakness, palpitations, stuffy nose, blurred vision and decreased sexual ability.
• Body As A Whole : Flu syndrome.
• Heart : Low blood pressure and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea.
• Metabolic : Peripheral edema and weight gain.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness and unsteadiness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing and nasal congestion/runny nose.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision.
• Genitourinary : Impotence and urinary tract infection.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (30°C).
Bladder neck incision is a surgical procedure where cuts are made in the neck of the urinary ...
Tourette syndrome (TS) is a neurological disorder wherein the affected person makes repetitive and ...
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...View All