This medication is a kinase inhibitor, prescribed for renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer), hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer). It decreases tumor growth and replication.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 400 mg (two 200 mg tablets) twice daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, two times per day on an empty stomach.
High blood pressure, reduced blood supply to the heart, heart attack.
• Central Nervous System: Fatigue, sensory nerve disease, weakness, headache, depression.
• Skin: Hair loss, skin disease, rashes, itching, redness, allergy.
• Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, stomach upset, difficulty in swallowing, mouth ulcer, gastrointestinal perforation.
• Genitourinary: Impotence, kidney failure.
• Blood-Lymphatic: Anemia, decrease in platelets, white blood cells, bleeding.
• Liver: Liver dysfunction.
• Metabolic: Weight loss.
• Musculoskeletal: Joint and/ or muscle pain.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, hoarseness.
• Miscellaneous: Severe allergic reaction, influenza-like illness, fever.
If bleeding necessitates medical intervention, consider discontinuation of this medication.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
FREE subscription for 'Personalised Health & Wellness website with consultation' (Value Rs.300/-)
ASK A DOCTOR ONLINE