This medication is a urinary antispasmodic agent, prescribed for overactive bladder with or without incontinence. It works by blocking the action of certain chemicals in the body to help decrease urination problems.
Contraindicated in patients with urinary retention, gastric retention, severe liver problems, increased eye pressure, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 5 mg once daily. It may be increased up to 10mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, liver or kidney disease, heart problem, stomach or intestinal problems, constipation, difficulty in urinating, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may lead to heatstroke.
• Gastrointestinal :
Dry mouth, constipation, nausea, indigestion, abdominal pain, vomiting, gastroesophageal reflux disease and ileus.
• Infection : Urinary tract infection and inflammation of pharynx.
♦ • Central Nervous System : Dizziness, headache, confusion, hallucinations, drowsiness, depression and fatigue.
♦ • Eye : Vision blurred, glaucoma and dry eyes.
• Genitourinary : Urinary retention.
• General : Swelling in the lower leg.
• Respiratory : Cough.
• Heart : High blood pressure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!