This medication is an autologous blood cell and immune cell activator combination, prescribed for advanced prostate cancer. It works by causing the body's immune system to fight the cancer cells.
IV- The recommended course is 3 complete doses, given at approximately 2-week intervals.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart or lung disease, stroke, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Chills, fatigue, fever, back, nausea, joint ache, and headache.
• Central Nervous System : Tingling, dizziness, pain in extremity, asthenia, hot flush, insomnia, tremor, tingling.
• Gastrointestinal : Vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, loss of appetite.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle spasms, neck pain, bone pain.
• Genitourinary : Blood in urine, urinary tract infection.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, cough, upper respiratory tract infection.
• Heart : Fluid retention, high blood pressure.
• Skin : Rash, sweating.
• Metabolic : Weight decreased, anemia.
Avoid excess dosage.
• Sipuleucel-T infusion bag is shipped in an insulated polyurethane container
• Do not open the lid of the insulated container till administration
• Infusion should be used within 3 hours if removed from the container
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!