This medication is a sulfonamide, prescribed for treating and preventing bacterial infection in second-and third-degree burns. It kills bacteria by working on the cell membrane and cell wall.
Topical- 1% cream: The cream should be applied once or twice daily to a thickness of approximately 1/16 inch.
It comes as a cream to apply topically as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Gently wash the burned skin area daily to help remove dead skin.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Local :
Pain, burning, itching and skin rash.
• Blood : Unusual bleeding or bruising, decrease in platelets and white blood cells.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, sore throat, yellowing of skin or eyes, blood in urine, aching joints and unusual weakness or tiredness.
Do not use on infants less than two months of age.
Store it at room temperature (15 to 30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!