This medication is a neuromuscular blocker, prescribed as an adjunct to general anesthesia for muscle relaxation and to provide skeletal muscle relaxation during surgery or external breathing. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the muscles.
Adult- IV- The recommended initial dose regardless of anesthetic technique, is 0.6 mg/kg. Maintenance: 0.1, 0.15, and 0.2 mg/kg.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney impairment, acid-base imbalance, electrolyte disturbance, Lambert-Eaton syndrome, myasthenia gravis, weight loss, high blood pressure, heart disease, dehydration, diabetes, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It should be administered by experienced clinicians or trained individuals.
• Most Common :
High or low blood pressure.
• Heart : Abnormal heart rhythm, abnormal electrocardiogram and fast heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea and vomiting.
• Respiratory : Asthma and hiccups.
• Skin : Rash, injection site swelling and itching.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2–8°C). Do not freeze it.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!