This medication is a monoclol antibody, prescribed for certain types of cancer such as lymphomas, leukemia, transplant rejection and some autoimmune disorders. It decreases the number of certain types of white blood cells (B cells) in the body.
Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL) - The recommended dose is 375 mg/m2 as an IV infusion at weekly intervals for a total of four doses.
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)- 375 mg/m2 the day prior to the initiation of FC chemotherapy, then 500 mg/m2 on Day 1 of cycles 2-6 (every 28 days).
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)- The recommended dose is two-1000 mg intravenous infusions separated by 2 weeks.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney, liver, lung, or blood problems, heart problems, bowel problems, electrolyte problems, high blood pressure, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Patients with hepatitis B infection may develop with an increased risk of liver impairment. If you experience with symptoms like dark urine, pale colored stools, severe stomach pain, or yellowing of the eyes or skin consult with your doctor immediately.
• Body as a Whole : Fever, chills, infection, weakness, headache, abdominal pain, back pain, throat irritation and flushing.
• Blood and Lymphatic : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Skin : Night sweats, rash, itching and hives.
• Respiratory : Increased cough, runny nose, asthma, difficulty in breathing and sinus inflammation.
• Metabolic : Increased blood sugar, swelling in the extremities and increased LDH.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, diarrhea and vomiting.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness and anxiety.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint/muscle pain.
• Heart : Low/high blood pressure.
Avoid vaccination while taking this medication.
Store it in refrigerator (2°C-8°C). Do not freeze it.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!