This medication is a rifamycin antibiotic, prescribed for tuberculosis (TB). It kills or stops the growth of sensitive bacteria.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment, jaundice, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- The recommended dosage is 10 mg/kg/day or 2-3 times/week. Max: 600 mg/day.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Heartburn, stomach upset, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, jaundice, flatulence, cramps and diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, fever, drowsiness, fatigue, incoordination, dizziness, inability to concentrate, mental confusion, behavioral changes, muscular weakness and pain in extremities.
• Eye : Visual disturbances.
• Hypersensitivity Reactions : Itching, hives and rash.
• Miscellaneous : Flu syndrome, chills, bone pain, shortness of breath, wheezing, decrease in blood pressure and shock.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Collagen plays a crucial role in glowing skin, strong nails and shiny hair. You can boost collagen ...
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...View All