This medication is an antithrombotic agent, prescribed for venous thromboembolism. It belongs to the group of low molecular weight heparins.
Contraindicated in patients at serious risk of bleeding, stroke, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: SC- 0.25ml daily at least 2 hrs prior to surgery.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver failure, heart disease, diabetes, ulcer, stroke, high blood pressure, recently undergone surgery, any allergy, and who are taking other medications.
• It is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
• Most Common :
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, constipation and blood in stool.
• Eye and ENT : Nosebleed and eye inflammation.
• Injection site reactions : Skin death, pain and bleeding.
• Allergic reactions : Rash, itching, hives, pain, hair loss, difficulty in breathing, and low blood pressure.
• Miscellaneous : Headache, priapism, fever and body pain.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!