This medication is an antihypertensive and antipsychotic, prescribed for high blood pressure. It is also used to treat severe agitation in patients with mental disorders. It works by decreasing the amounts of certain chemicals in the brain.
Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity, mental depression, active peptic ulcer and patients receiving electroconvulsive (ECT or shock) therapy.
Adult: PO- HTN- Upto 500 mcg/day for about 2 week, subsequently reduce to lowest dose if needed. Maintenance: 100-250 mcg/day. Max: 500 mcg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney disease, gallstones, ulcers, ulcerative colitis, depression, electric shock therapy, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Do not become overheated in hot weather; otherwise heatstroke may occur.
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, fainting and lightheadedness.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach/abdominal pain and black-colored stools.
• Heart : Slow heartbeat and chest pain.
• ENT : Stuffy nose.
• Miscellaneous : Shortness of breath, swelling of ankles/feet, unexplained/sudden weight gain, enlarged breasts (in males) and unusual breast discharge (in females).
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...View All