This medication is an anti-tuberculosis agent, prescribed for tuberculosis(TB). It works by killing or preventing the growth of certain bacteria that cause tuberculosis.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver damage.
PO- The recommended dose is, 15 to 30 mg/kg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, diabetes, gout, high uric acid level in the blood, alcoholism, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
• Avoid live vaccination during treatment period.
• General :
Fever, porphyria and painful urination.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Miscellaneous : Joint or muscle pain, rashes, hives, and itching.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store in a well-closed container at controlled room temperature (15°C to 30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!