This medication is an antiarrhythmic agent, prescribed for irregular heart beat. It makes the heart more resistant to abnormal activity.
Contraindicated in patients with heart block, heart failure, low blood pressure, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 50 mg/kg/day in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, heart failure, bone marrow depression, myasthenia gravis, digitalis (digoxin) toxicity, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal.
• It may reduce platelet counts, avoid bruising and injury.
• Heart :
Low blood pressure and heart block.
• General : Joint pain, abdominal pain, lung infection, fever, chills and muscle pain.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Skin : Swelling under the skin, hives, itching, flushing and rash.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bitter taste, diarrhea and elevated liver enzymes.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness or giddiness, weakness, mental depression and psychosis with hallucinations.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Kleine Levin (KLS) or sleeping beauty syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that primarly ...
LADA or Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood is a form of type 1 autoimmune diabetes that can be ...
Sleep paralysis is a condition where one feels unable to move (paralysis) or speak either when ...View All