This medication regulates the symptoms of low corticosteroid levels, and is used to treat arthritis, severe allergic reactions, multiple sclerosis, lupus, and certain conditions that affect the lungs, skin, eyes, kidneys blood, thyroid, stomach, and intestines.
Contraindicated in patients who have had allergic reactions to corticosteroids, people who have just taken live vaccines, who have had prior corneal or widespread infections. It is also contraindicated in pregnant patients and those who are breastfeeding.
Dosage- Adult: The initial recommended dose is 5-7.5mg/day, four times, if it is needed, may be adjusted. 5 mg daily for aged people (>65years).
This medication available in the form of tablet, a liquid to take by mouth, with food one to four times a day or once every alternate day.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of decrease in thyroid hormone, chronic liver disease, ulcerative colitis, heart failure, convulsive disorders, vein inflammation, peptic ulcer, and in elderly.
• Adrenal suppression and infection may cause irreversible growth disorder, optic nerve damage, and corneal damage.
Clot in blood vessels or fat clot, vein inflammation, a group of inflammatory vascular lesions, cardiac arrhythmias or ECG changes, obstructed blood vessels, high blood pressure, heart rupture, heart failure.
• Central Nervous System: Convulsions, increased intracranial pressure with optic disc swelling, vertigo, headache, tingling, abnormal condition of the mind.
• Skin: Impaired wound healing, thin fragile skin, purple spot on the body and bruising, redness, lesions, subcutaneous fat atrophy, eruptions, skin rash, skin irritation.
• Eye and ENT: Glare and decreased visual acuity, increased intraocular pressure, optic nerve damage, bulging of the eye.
• Gastrointestinal: Inflammation of the pancreas, abdominal distention, inflammation esophagus, nausea, vomiting, increased appetite and weight gain, peptic ulcer with perforation and bleeding, small and large bowel perforation.
• Genitourinary: Increased or decreased motility and number of sperm cells.
• Blood: Raised white blood cell count.
• Metabolic: Sodium and fluid retention, low amount of potassium in the blood, low level of calcium.
• Miscellaneous: Musculoskeletal effects-muscle weakness, steroid muscle pain, muscle mass loss, tendon rupture.
Report any injuries or signs of infection that occur during treatment and within 12months after treatment with prednisone.
Store at 25°C. Store it in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
FDA approved elapegademase-lvlr injection for intramuscular use is used as an enzyme replacement ...
Armpit lumps and raised bumps in the armpits caused by infection, cysts and other types of ...
Bad eating habits will affect your health as well as your skin and make you look older than your ...View All