This medication is an amylin analog, prescribed for diabetes. It slows down food digestion.
Contraindicated in patients with low blood sugar, gastroparesis, and hypersensitivity.
SC- For type 1: The recommended initial dose is 15mcg. Maximum: 60mcg.
For type 2: The recommended initial dose is 60mcg. Maximum: 120mcg.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of severe low blood sugar within the past 6 months, diabetic nerve disease, high hemoglobin A1c, who are on dialysis, vision problem, co-ordination problem, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Follow the diet and exercise program as directed by your physician.
• Monitor fasting blood sugar levels and hemoglobin A1c regularly while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
Nausea, loss of appetite, inflicted Injury, vomiting, joint pain, fatigue, allergic reaction, and dizziness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze it.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!