Information about Pramlintide Acetate Injection
Generic Name : Pramlintide Acetate Injection
Pronunciation : PRAM-lin-tide
Latest prescription information about Pramlintide Acetate Injection. Learn how to pronounce the drug's name, its indications, dosage, how to take, when to take, when not to take, side effects, special precautions, warnings and its storage instructions . Also listed are the International and Indian trade name(s) of the drug and its price list.
ICD Code : Y52.6
Therapeutic Classification : Antihyperglycemics
Trade Names/Brand Names of Pramlintide Acetate Injection
Why is Pramlintide Acetate Injection Prescribed? (Indications)
This medication is an amylin analog, prescribed for diabetes. It slows down food digestion.
When should Pramlintide Acetate Injection not be taken? (Contraindications)
Contraindicated in patients with low blood sugar, gastroparesis, and hypersensitivity.
What is the dosage of Pramlintide Acetate Injection?
SC- For type 1: The recommended initial dose is 15mcg. Maximum: 60mcg.
For type 2: The recommended initial dose is 60mcg. Maximum: 120mcg.
How should Pramlintide Acetate Injection be taken?
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
What are the warnings and precautions for Pramlintide Acetate Injection?
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of severe low blood sugar within the past 6 months, diabetic nerve disease, high hemoglobin A1c, who are on dialysis, vision problem, co-ordination problem, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Follow the diet and exercise program as directed by your physician.
• Monitor fasting blood sugar levels and hemoglobin A1c regularly while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
What are the side effects of Pramlintide Acetate Injection?
Nausea, loss of appetite, inflicted Injury, vomiting, joint pain, fatigue, allergic reaction, and dizziness.
What are the other precautions for Pramlintide Acetate Injection?
Avoid excess dosage.
What are the storage conditions for Pramlintide Acetate Injection?
Store it in refrigerator (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze it.