This medication is an antineoplastic agent, prescribed for certain types of cancer. It prevents the growth of cancer cells.
IV- For patients with a CrCl at least 60mL/min- The recommended dose is 4 mg/m 2 every other week.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of infection, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may reduce the platelet counts; avoid bruising or injury.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections that may spread to others.
• Monitor liver, kidney function, and complete blood cell count while taking this medication.
• Heart :
Bleeding, low blood pressure, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, fast or slow heart rate, heart arrest, heart failure, high blood pressure, vein inflammation, blood clot, sinus arrest.
• Central Nervous System : Fatigue, headache, neurologic disorder, weakness, anxiety, confusion, depression, dizziness, sleeplessness, nervousness, tingling, drowsiness, abnormal thinking, incoordination, convulsions, speech disorder, emotional lability, hallucination, hostility, inflammation of a nerve, paralysis, syncope, twitching.
• Skin : Rash, itching, sweating, skin disorder, dry skin, hives, pimples, hair loss, photosensitivity.
• ENT : Abnormal vision, deafness, dry eyes, ear pain, tear disorder, photophobia, ringing in the ear, watery eyes.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, mouth infection, dental abnormalities, indigestion, flatulence, gum inflammation, constipation, difficulty in swallowing, tongue inflammation, ileus, unusual taste.
• Genitourinary : Abnormal kidney function, absence of a menstrual period, breast lump, decreased libido, gout, impotence, kidney failure, kidney stone.
• Blood-Lymphatic : Decrease in white blood cells and platelets, anemia.
• Liver : Liver disorder, elevated LFTs.
• Hypersensitivity : Allergic reaction.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain, joint pain, joint inflammation.
• Respiratory : Coughing or increased cough, upper respiratory tract infection, difficulty in breathing, nose inflammation, asthma.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, chills, pain, viral infection, chest pain, death, face swelling, swelling in the extremities, flu-like symptoms and hangover effect.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!