This medication is an atypical antipsychotic, prescribed for symptoms of schizophrenia. It changes the activity of certain natural substances in the brain.
Hypersensitivity to risperidone, paliperidone, or any component of the product.
Oral- 6 mg/day in the morning. It may be increased in some patients if needed. Maximum recommended dose is 12 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day in the morning with or without food.
• It may make you drowsy and may cause difficulty with thinking and movement. Do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness and fainting when you get up too quickly from a lying position. Get up slowly from bed.
• Do not become overheated in hot weather. It may raise blood sugar, so monitor blood sugar regularly.
• It may lead to involuntary muscle movements, hormonal imbalance, if it is so contact your healthcare provider immediately.
• Caution needed for elderly patients, children less than 18 years, and during pregnancy.
• Caution needed for patients with a life history of breast cancer, liver and kidney diseases.
• ♦It may abnormally elevate levels of prolactin in the blood.
• Most Common:
Extra pyramidal symptoms, fast heart rate, inner restlessness, drowsiness, indigestion, constipation, weight increased, and inflammation of nasopharynx.
• Heart: AV block, abnormal heart rhythm.
• Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, dry mouth, excess secretion of saliva.
Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
Keep this medication in an airtight container, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!