This medication is an antibiotic, prescribed for various infections such as acne, dermatitis, gonorrhea, etc.
PO- The recommended dose range is 250 to 1.5gm in divided doses.
Topical: Apply a thin layer over the affected skin 4 times per day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food. It also comes as a cream to apply topically.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with myasthenia gravis, children less than 18 years, kidney impairment, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Gastrointestinal :
Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tongue inflammation, difficulty in swallowing and inflammatory lesions.
• Skin : Redness, rashes, sensitivity to light.
• Genitourinary : Rise in Blood Urea Nitrogen.
• Hypersensitivity : Hives, swelling, shock and bruising.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets and increase in eosinophilia.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!