This medication is a narcotic pain reliever, prescribed for moderate to severe pain. It works by changing the way the brain and nervous system respond to pain.
Contraindicated in patients with significant respiratory depression and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dosing range is 5 to 15 mg every 4 to 6 hours.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart disease, low blood pressure, liver or kidney impairment, thyroid problem, Addison disease, curvature of the spine, enlarged prostate, trouble in urinating, inflammatory bowel disease, blood disease porphyria, drowsiness, constipation, low blood volume, inflammation of the pancreas, stomach pain, mental illness, suicidal thoughts, alcoholism, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Heart :
Low blood pressure, slow heart rate, fast heart rate.
• Central Nervous System : Lightheadedness, dizziness, sleepiness, disorientation, and incoordination.
• Skin : Sweating, itching, and hives.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, constipation, and abdominal pain.
• Genitourinary : Urinary retention or hesitancy.
• Respiratory : Respiratory depression, depression of cough reflex.
• Miscellaneous : Psychological and physical dependence with chronic use.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!