This medication is an antineoplastic agent, prescribed for colorectal cancer either alone or with other medications.
Contraindicated in patients with severe lung problem and hypersensitivity.
Adult: IV Advanced colorectal cancer- with fluorouracil and folinic acid: 85 mg/m2 2 weekly.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver problems, blood disorders, nerve disorders, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• It may cause dizziness, fatigue, balance problems, temporary vision loss, or other vision changes, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Drink plenty of fluids to avoid become dehydrated.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Avoid vaccination.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• ♦Patient may develop with increased risk of Reversible Posterior Leukoencephalopathy Syndrome with the following symptoms: headache, confusion, seizures and visual loss. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• Most Common :
Peripheral sensory neuropathies, fatigue, decrease in platelet counts, nausea, vomitting and diarrhea.
• Allergy : Severe allergic reactions.
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
• Skin : Hand/foot syndrome, injection site reaction.
• Gastrointestinal : Vomiting, mouth ulcer, loss of appetite, constipation and abdominal pain.
• Metabolic : Increased sugar and dehydration.
• Genitourinary : Urinary frequency.
• Central Nervous System : Nerve disease and tingling.
• Respiratory : Cough, difficulty in breathing and hiccups.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!