This medication is an anti-inflammatory agent, prescribed for ulcerative colitis. It works by preventing the production of substances that cause inflammation.
Oral: Adult- The recommended dose is 1.0 g/day in two divided doses.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, liver or kidney disease, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may cause unusual bleeding or bruising, sore throat, high temperature, if it so consult with your doctor.
Diarrhea, abdominal pain/cramps, nausea, indigestion, abdominal bloating, vomiting, mouth ulcer and increased blood in stool.
• Metabolic: Loss of appetite.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, sleeplessness, fatigue, drowsiness, lethargy, depression, dizziness and fainting.
• Skin: Rash and itching.
• Musculoskeletal: Joint pain.
• Respiratory: Upper respiratory tract infection.
Avoid exposure to sunlight and alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
Store it at room temperature.